At Sark School we strive to support all children to enable them to achieve at school. In order to do this many steps are taken to support the children through their learning journey. Quality teaching is vital; however for some children there are occasions when further additional support is required to help them achieve their targets.
At Sark School we follow a staged approach to support all our children’s learning needs.
We follow the assess-plan-do-review model of support.
● Observations and assessments from the setting
● Reports or advice from other professionals
● Information from parents
● What are the targets?
● What interventions and strategies will you put in place?
● How often will you do this?
● Do you need to make any alterations to the environment?
● Do you need to find any additional resources?
● Do you need to make any changes to the routine?
● Do you need to refer to other agencies such as SALT, Paediatrician, etc? Who will do the activities?
● Who will do the activities?
● Do you need to refer to other agencies such as SALT, Paediatrician, etc?
● Does the time of day work?
● Is the task suitable?
● What has the child learnt?
● Did the child achieve the planned steps or more than was planned
● What helped them?
● What things went well?
● What are the next steps?
● What progress was made?
● Were there any challenges?
Pupils can be highlighted by any member of staff and also by parents. The Learning Enrichment will be coordinated by our SENDCo Mrs Michelle Brady who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org